Sunday, October 24, 2010

Making Connections

"Her parents had never rented a house at the beach before. The fact that her parents had done so for an entire month filled her with feelings so unfamiliar she had no names for them." - page 12, The Watcher, James Howe

This paragraph reminds me of the time my mom and dad had informed me that I was going on a trip to India for an entire month. I can easily connect to this this paragraph, because I was also filled with the same kind of joy and excitement as the young girl, about getting the chance to visit somewhere unfamiliar. As I sat on the plane to India, I thought about all the exciting culture and festivities I would be experiencing in my visit, and how i would get the chance to meet so many different people and try a variety of different food dishes. The young girl in the story is just as thrilled as I was, because she has never lived in any other house other than her own. Since its the first time her parents have rented a beach house, she's really excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment